Bells are rung regularly, to enquire please click here to contact Julia Pring
1471 Plans to build the tower were drawn up.
1512 Tower completed.
1552 Record of 4 bells.
1743 A bell was cast that was later recast into the present 6th.
1766 A new ring of 8 bells was cast by Lester & Pack at Whitechapel.
1774-7 Church and tower rebuilt by George Gibson.
1777 Whole ring remodelled into a heavier one. A new tenor was added and the 6th was recast acting as the new 5th. The 7th was recast the previous year to form the new 6th.
1819 Treble and 3rd recast by Thomas Mears.
1893-4 The 7th had become cracked in the crown and was recast by John Taylor The 6th was also retuned at this time.
1895 The 2nd had become cracked and was recast by John Taylor.
1896 4th recast by John Taylor who rehung all the bells in a new frame.
1950 Bells rehung on ball bearings by Mears & Stainbank.
The tower, made of flint, rubble and Kentish Ragstone, was a later addition to the medieval nave and chancel. Built between 1471 and 1512 it was funded by bequests from members of the congregation. (A.R. MartinCollection Lewisham Local Studies Library)